- Built on the latest underpinnings from Ubuntu, version 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr)
- Broad hardware support, including the latest tablet and hybrid devices
- 64-bit kernel and applications, bringing support for larger memory configurations and applications
- Modern, easy-to-use interface with plenty to love for novices and power-users alike
- A larger base of more than 80 powerful applications, including greater opportunity to code and learn to code
- Significant improvements to the installation and customization options, providing greater speed, flexibility and performance for large deployments
- Across the board refinement of all ubermix-specific customizations, making this the most powerful, reliable ubermix ever!
It is important to note that ubermix 2 might not run well (or at all) on some of your oldest hardware. For example systems with just 512Mb of RAM and/or a video card lacking acceleration will struggle. And if a system is so old that it is only 32-bit capable, ubermix 2 will not install. While an ubermix 2.0 "lite" is currently under consideration, for such applications, ubermix 1.x is still available, will continue to receive updates through version 1.6, and will be fully supported through the end of 2015.
Also, please bear with us while we update our site and documentation - there is much to go through! We should have everything up to snuff in short order.
If you are ready to give ubermix 2 a go, head on over to the Download and Install page for instructions. And if you need help, be sure to check the wiki and forums.
Thank you to the entire ubermix community for all your support and encouragement! A big thank you to Andrew Schwab, Mike Vollmert, Larry Rego, Thomas Hartley, Bob Henderson, Urko Masse, David Hicks, Jason Ricker, Gary Hampton, and the entire Inyo County tech team for your help and support with development and testing. You're all awesome!